Mary’s Home is a safe haven for women and children escaping cycles of poverty, abuse and homelessness in Colorado Springs. We offer transformational education and coaching for single mothers seeking to build a stable life and career. We form lasting bonds with the women we serve, offering a healing environment, supportive journey, and a pathway to professional success. Our cross-generational and holistic approach helps women and their children develop critical learning and coping skills so they can grow and thrive.
Mary’s Home establishes a high-challenge, high-support environment to help families learn to stand on their own and succeed.
"I feel so supported and encouraged. This is the beginning of a new life and the opportunity to embrace community.”
Families take brave steps into a new future when they step into Mary’s Home. Each family lives in fully furnished apartments surrounded by supporters and friends, with a structured weekly schedule to follow in the community. Children attend childcare or school during the day while mothers gain skills to start an employment track and advance in their lives and their careers.
The families of Mary’s Home can expect:
- Safe, clean, and comfortable living
- Affordable, sliding-scale residency fees
- Meeting rooms and computer access
- Outdoor playground and garden
- Donated vehicles
- 24-hour safety and support
Our faith-based way of life nurtures love, healing, and hope. Together we overcome obstacles, celebrate strengths, and share successes.
Since families selected for Mary’s Home residency will receive intensive, comprehensive support for several years, women must meet all of the following criteria to be considered eligible:
- Must be homeless, imminently homeless, and/or leaving domestic violence with their children
- Must live in El Paso County and be eligible for TANF, CCAP, and SNAP for a minimum of eighteen months
- Must be motivated to gain holistic health, basic life skills, and financial independence
- Cannot have a recent history of severe behavioral issues, criminal activity, or substance abuse
- Families best suited for Mary’s Home can manage daily schedules with minimal supervision, coexist peacefully in a highly relational community, follow program rules and responsibilities, and make progress towards personal and program goals.
MOTHERS WE SERVE:
- Single mothers
- 18+ years old
- Have 3 or fewer children
- Have children between newborn to 10 years old
Apply for Mary’s Home
If you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for Mary’s Home in one of three ways:
- Apply online with the application form below
- Download and print the Application PDF, complete it with dark ink, then scan and email to MarysHomeAdmissions@DreamCenters.com.
- Download and print the Application PDF, complete it with dark ink, then fax to (719) 301- 5412.
We’ll review your application and reach out to you within a week. If you’re eligible, your family will be asked to have an interview with us. A phone interview is required before we can fully accept your application.
For more information call Mary’s Home phone number – 719.301.5411. Press zero (0) for Admissions, and leave a message with your name and phone number.
Applicants who are eligible and accepted are placed on an Eligible Applicant Waiting List and called in order when an opening occurs.